The path to a successful food business is through education specifically designed for food entrepreneurs and growers
Growing a food business is no easy task! Regulations, insurance, pricing, operational choices, and sales can make your head spin. At times, it feels like you don’t even know what you don’t know!
The Mill River School can help with all that and more!
The educational programs at the Mill River School are tailored explicitly to food entrepreneurs. You have mastered your craft, but do you understand what it takes to make your business successful? The Mill River School offers educational programs for food entrepreneurs at any business development stage.
- Start-ups: We’ll help you put together your business plan so you start off on the right foot. You’ll get all the business basics to effectively start and grow your food business.
- Solopreneurs: You want to build a business, not simply have a job. Master the business skills you’ll need to scale up operations, hire staff, and improve your profitability.
- Established businesses: Time to expand your market presence. Learn the steps to building out an additional location, finding a co-manufacturer, or even how to get your product into wholesale.
Educational programs for food entrepreneurs and growers presented in a structured, comprehensive format
The Business Basics series covers the following topics:
- planning for growth
- understanding your financials
- understanding costs so you can be profitable
- and much more!
We will continue to mentor you whenever you need it. Consider us your partner and educational resource as you continue down your path to success! For entrepreneurs looking to learn more about certain topics, the Mill River School also offers individual workshops. You can register for workshops as they meet your needs. Examples of workshops include the following:
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Menu Planning and Pricing
- Improving Kitchen Production
- Preparing for Wholesale
- Picture Perfect Marketing
- Packaging for Success
These workshops provide excellent training, as well as an opportunity to expand your network by connecting with food industry professionals and other entrepreneurs who have successfully launched food businesses.
If you’re interested in something more customized, the Mill River School also offers one-on-one coaching. We can set you up with a personal coach to help you develop a growth plan tailored to your business. Just let us know how we can help.